So far I have categorized the document into six major sections:
Section 1. Overall Elements of the Online Course and Learner SupportDo you want a sneak peek into Section 1? Sure you do. Here are my top 5 items that fit into the first section - Overall Elements of the Online Course and Learner Support:
Section 2. Course Outline
Section 3. Course Material
Section 4. Communication, Engagement and Activities
Section 5. Graded Assessment
Section 6. Accessibility
- Brand the course website to be consistent with your Institution and/or Faculty. Have a unique image (with Course Code and Course Title) on the main page of the course website that provides differentiation from other courses in the same Faculty.
- Ensure simple and intuitive navigation in the online space.
- Provide learners with an effective orientation to the course including an instructor introduction. The introduction should convey the instructor’s enthusiasm for the subject and be encouraging to learners that this course will be rewarding.
- Provide the learner with links to: technical support, library, writing center, academic policies, etc.
- Provide as much of the course material as possible for the 1st day of class.