- I am a hockey addict. I have loved the Detroit Red Wings of the NHL since I was a teenager. While I do not play ice hockey myself, mainly due to the fact that I can’t skate backwards, I play outdoor road hockey (with shoes not skates!) regularly on Sunday mornings and I play indoor floor hockey regularly on Thursdays. Despite my love for the game, I am not a good hockey player. I get ‘A’ for Effort and that’s about it. HAHA! Here’s an interesting fact about my relationship with the Detroit Red Wings. I grew up in Windsor, which is nestled beside Detroit, and I have never attended a Detroit Red Wings hockey that was being played in the city of Detroit. I have only seen them in Ottawa and Montreal. Someday I will go to the city of Detroit to see a game.
- Prior to becoming an educator, I was a Cancer Research Scientist. I worked in the field of breast cancer research for 10 years. I have co-authored 12 articles in refereed scientific journals. I have been in the field of education for almost 5 years now and I have zero publications. Go figure!
- I am an Internet junkie. Whenever I am at my computer, I am logged in to several services such as MSN, ICQ, Skype, and my newest fun thing: Facebook. I’ll write about Facebook on this blog another day. Stay tuned!
- I was married last year and my wife is now pregnant. Our first baby is due in July. How exciting!
- My middle name is Andre thus making my initials: EAT. I discovered that my initials formed a word when I was 9 years old. I approached my mom to tell her of my discovery and she said she had never noticed that before. Ever since then I’ve been obsessed with patterns in peoples initials. Strange but true!
So there are my 5 things meme. So, now I’ll build a list of five blogs I regularly read and tag them in this message. We’ll see if they ever read it. (*smile*)
James Farmer: Incorporated Subversion
Tony Karrer: eLearching Tech
Ankush Gupta: The Learned Man
Consider yourself Tagged folks. N-Joy!