I'm going to do some brief research to compile some relevant materials together that describe how to use weblogs in education. I will post this results in this message.
1. Apple Distinguished Educators Bloggers have a nice list of scenarios where blogs might be useful in an educational context.
2. Blogging and RSS — The "What's It?" and "How To" of Powerful New Web Tools for Educators by Will Richardson.
3. Weblogs@UPEI describes a recent initiative at the University of Prince Edward Island where each student is assigned a blogspace for use during their academic degree at UPEI.
4. Blogs in Education from the University of Houston - Clear Lake
5. Weblogg-Ed - A Blog about Blogs in Education! written by Will Richardson.
6. Resources from the EDTU Discussion on Blogs in Education October 2003.
7. Educational Blogging by Stephen Downes in EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 39, no. 5 (September/October 2004): 14–26.